Wednesday, May 9, 2007

On Your Marks... Get Set...

Okay, here we go! Track & Field's outdoor season is in full swing. Not long ago I caught a rare local (Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX Metroplex) track meet (the North Texas Classic) in which a bonafide world-class athlete (Jeremy Wariner) actually competed. That's rare around here (oh, to live in Oslo, or Zürich, or Berlin or...). Sure the temperature was cold enough to fog my glasses and the extremely windy conditions were not ideal for either athletes or spectators but so what? It was still fun to watch Wariner run a 4x400m anchor leg in 45.79 even in such dreadful conditions and so early in the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke the world record in the 400m this year.

Not only that, but the World Championships are just a few months away. I'm stoked about the state of the sport of Track & Field in general and I'm ready to blog about it. I look forward to providing you with my insights into the great sport of Track & Field.

Finish Line Pundit Archives